Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Modern World

Went into the city to buy paint and got hit by another fucking car on Sunday. I'm trailing this cab and this lady hails it over. I think, no biggie, I'll just pass on the left. I start to head left and this asshole in his god-awful SUV clips my back wheel and I swerve into the back of the cab head on. I do sort of a front flip twist and land on my back with my feet still in the toe clips, no less! Unfortunately, my bike took the hit this time. My front wheel's all bent up, my bars and front brake are loose, and my saddle's all twisted to the side. At least I'm getting a new wheelset soon. I've also been meaning to try out those Brooks Swift saddles every fixie rider's been raving about. Maybe get some riser bars too. Who knows. If I didn't get hit, I would've made it to Supreme in time before they closed. Just my fucking luck. At least I'll have more money to spend on my bike now. Joy.

No comments: